week 10 lab

 Image result for semicolon
 Semicolon comic
I think it is really cool how language can be viewed in certain ways that lets us try and trace back from whence it came. it is treated in very much the same way as a family tree. and beyond that, we can use it to see where a certain group may have migrated, based upon which words they have picked up.

the video about tenses was interesting. It quickly got really complicated, but I feel like french is much more specific about it. we are vague and use a lot of words to describe a specific tense, while french has different endings for all of the different tenses.

I like how much work has gone into creating fictional languages. I particularly like how Tolkien elvish split off into various tribes and how the language changed and evolved from there.

I love the way that they chose to explain semicolons; they did it in a cool video game esque fashion.


here is a link to the language, grammar, and punctuation videos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of an I/O Psych major

Week 7 story: A Charley Tells a Tale