Growth Mindset


Image result for intrinsic motivation vs extrinsic
Extrinsic Motivation vs. Intrinsic Motivation

I really enjoyed learning about growth mindset. I do not remember directly learning about it, but it is certainly possible that I have learned about it at some point in the past. The ideas of growth mindset are along the same lines of what I have spent a lot of my time researching. I am a psych major and I am in a lab where we got to research anything of our own choosing. I decided to spend the entire semester researching motivation, in hopes to make myself and others more motivated. A lot of what growth mindset was about was within the readings of my research. Intrinsic motivation is way better than extrinsic motivation. Grades and praise are extrinsic motivators that cannot sustain motivation for very long. A desire for knowledge and growth are examples of intrinsic motivators, which are great for keeping people motivated. Growth mindset uses these and few other things from my motivation research, so I was thoroughly impressed with it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction of an I/O Psych major

Week 5 story: Percy, greatest marksman in all the land, he who can strike down two great beasts with a single blow